Friday, June 25, 2010

Today= Hot, Sticky, Vintage Success!

Went vintage hunting today well AFTER I was ready to be home sitting in front of a fan with my feet up. Neither of the antique shops I visited today have air conditioner (hey, it's the mountains) and it was unbearable. I like to haggle when I vintage shop because, hello, i'm trying to make a profit here. So today, per usual, I attempted to talk down a couple of items I bought from one Boone antique dealer who will go unnamed. She seemed to be offended by my bargaining? Uhhh ma'am, if your prices are firm then just say so.

her: "Well you see, this belonged to my sister."
me: "Ok, so you're not willing to take that price for it?"
her: "You see these things are really hard to find."
me: "Ok, i'll pass"
her: "Well, you are buying several things. Ok, i'll do it for that price."
me: (thought bubble) Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

To top it off she doesn't even have regular business hours! She is open when she wants to be?! Come on lady, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Anywho, I found some fab finds like...vintage cheese graters that also hang dish towels, a couple of vintage tins, a vintage nautical clock that also keeps track of the tide, a wicked cool vintage ashtray with "Jerusalem" and an Isalei skyline on it, a barrel mug, and a pair of vintage baby s & p shakers. Wheeew!

All I wanted was a cool shower after all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails